Wednesday 13 February 2013

Stay Positive

So recently i got to thinking, i am in general a glass half full positive person. However i am aware i can easily be lead down a negative path by others. For example if my single friends are depressed and complaining about being single i get swept up in it all and start complaining myself and looking at my life as empty, even though when i really think about it i am totally happy being single i embrace it even.

Its becoming more and more clear to me as I'm discovering who i am as a person that i need to keep these negative people at arms length. Now don't get my wrong all of us need a good rant about life every now and again, but I'm talking about the people that NEVER see the positive side to anything, people who take every opportunity to complain about this or that.

I make a conscious decision everyday to "choose happy" a concept i came upon from one of my favourite youtubers ShayCarl.

One of my favourite things about myself is that i always see the silver lining. I never let anything keep me down for too long. I can turn a negative situation into motivation. Its not always easy but the way i see it is one minute spent winging and complaining is one less minute of happiness.

Now before i get to philosophical, the point of me writing this post was just to say, I will no longer allow negative people to suck my energy. Surrounding myself with positive influences will help me achieve my goals.

For too long i have allowed negative people to influence my thoughts and make me believe i have no chance of achieving what i want.

If you feel you are living a negative life STOP. Now is the time for change. Happiness really is a choice.

I post positive messages on my facebook, instagram and twitter daily. Come check them out and start living with your glass half full.

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Good to express yourself and lead by example. If you impress yourself - you can impress someone else with the same kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete