Friday 8 February 2013

Stepping out of the Shadows

Sometimes in my life i have felt totally alone, there may have been people around me but non of them really "got" me. It seemed like everything i wanted to achieve or how i was living my life wasn't good enough for anyone. If its not how they would choose to live or not something they believe in then i shouldn't want to be that way either.

Society and even at times my friends and family have made me feel like i need to change the fundamental person that i am. I have been made to feel like its not OK to be happy the way i am, its not how the majority looks/acts/lives so i must dislike myself for it and am not aloud to be happy till i am completely changed. I feel in fact that a lot of that "majority" would love to live there lives a little different, to live out in the open with whatever little secrets they feel they need to hide from the world, to have the superficial pressure taken off.

I am one of those people that can not hide myself in the shadows anymore. I will live my life exactly how i choose. I will dream as big as my imagination lets me, and i refuse to allow people to make me believe i can not achieve everything i want. I believe everyone has the potential to be absolutely anything they want to be, all you need is self belief and the determination to work as long and hard as it takes.

I now feel completely free to look exactly they way i am happy with, I will not apologise if my body shape offends you, for being confident in my sexuality as a strong woman or wearing something you deem inappropriate. Like the saying goes i will dance like nobody is watching, love like i have never been hurt, sing like nobody is listening and live like its my last day.

We only have one life and it goes past quicker than we can imagine, i really don't want to waste it living my life for someone else?

I will ignore the judgement and ignore the hate its says more about them then it does about me.


No comments:

Post a Comment