Monday 5 January 2015

New Year Resolutions 2015

Hey Guys, hope your all having a super lovely day, and enjoying 2015 so far...

I am a big believer in setting new year resolutions, even if you don't stick with any of them I think its important to at least attempt to achieve some life goals you never know what it might lead to. There is no better time to start something new then the beginning of a band new year. I am always fill with excitement at the possibilities that lay ahead in the next 365 days, although it may all go tits up by week two. Non the less I always set a few goals for myself, and this year I have decided to share them with you in the vain that perhaps sharing my goals with the world may make me put in extra effort to complete them.

1. Blog More
 I thought I would start with this one as its obviously about this blog. My goal is to write a post 5 days a week Monday to Friday. I love writing and this is a perfect outlet for me.

2. YouTube More
This one is a lot like the 1st I want to put a lot more time into my YouTube channel and really make a go of it. Since November I have been making more effort where YouTube is concerned and have been loving it. I want to increase that even more this year so I will be going from 1 video a week on a Friday to 3 a week; Monday, Wednesday & Fridays.

3. Read More
I love to read but it somehow always gets pushed to the bottom of the list, well this year I am to read 2 books a month. I think this should be very achievable. This would also include audio books.

4. Do A 5K
Now I say do a 5k rather then run a 5k as I think that might be slightly too ambitious at the moment. My plan is to walk/jog/power walk the 5k. This might not seem a lot to some but to me would be a big achievement.

5. Go To Bed/Wake up Earlier
 I am a terrible night owl I think that's just my natural body clock. My average bedtime at the moment it about 5am and I have been sleeping till 2pm! I think its about time I change that. So i am to get to bed by midnight and get up at 10am. This should be very doable.

6. Say Yes
I have been thinking about this one for a long time, ever since I read the book and watched the movie The Yes Man. Basically i want to open myself up to more opportunities and experiences. I often say no to thinks as its much easier then going out of my comfort zone. I kind of sick of living that way though, i want to get out there! So i shall be saying yes to everything that comes my way.

I think that's all for now, do let me know if you have set any resolutions of your own and we can support each other along the way. It will be fun to come back at the end of the year to see how well its gone.
I am feeling super motivated at the moment though, i hope this mind-set stays with me all year!



Hugs & Kisses
    XOXO
    Katie J

2 comments:

  1. I don't have any, but I have lots of goals, just not for the year. But a few days ago someone recommended this, and I really got something https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbxJQpPKygU . Then the same guy recommended https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e9KxYAq5-c

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with several of your resolutions. I really wanna start a vlog &/or be creative. Most importantly do more creative projects because I'm an artist and I hope to be able to sell my creations. I think once I get the vlogs started and I do a couple my anxiousness from the camera will lessen because I love doing the couple I've tried doing even though I haven't uploaded any. I feel like there's something refreshing about it & I weirdly love to watch them back. I just don't know if I have a toughness for it. But I was reading your resolutions and the sleep one stood out to me. Lol. I completely relate to this one because I feel like I get most done at night. But then that turns into 3am bedtime. Lol. I made myself walk a 5k and it was so fun. I did a color run (wasn't actually a run either) where they throw colorful "chalk dust" at you. And I'm gearing up for hopefully doing the glitter 5k. I found practicing beforehand to see how far I could go really helped. Not to mention if you're out of breathe, which I found myself, you can always take a breather cuz there's usually a diverse amount of people and even parents walking with their kids about 5 years +. Oh yeah, if you didn't know you can usually do it with a group of people. Wish you luck on your resolutions. :-D

    ReplyDelete